Orkney Folk Festival
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Sale
- We must be provided with contact details when you book in order to contact you should any performance details change.
- For safety, all patrons attending a show must have a ticket, including children.
- Prices may change from those originally published.
- If you have access requirements, please advise when booking. Our ticketing system is part of the Access Card scheme which allows you to quickly and easily tell us about any accessibility requirements you have in advance of joining us at an event.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- We reserve the right to alter or amend the programme as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before they can enter the auditorium.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded – please see below.
- A £2.50 transaction fee is applied to online ticket sales. This covers processing fees, including credit/debit card charges.
- All credit and debit card payments are processed through a secure payment site provided by Stripe. At no time does the Orkney Folk Festival store unencrypted credit card data.
Ticket Refunds and Exchanges
No refunds will be given, except in the event of cancellation of a performance. If an event is cancelled, the Orkney Folk Festival’s liability will be to the customer who made the original purchase and will be limited to the cost of the tickets purchased. No exchanges will be processed by the Orkney Folk Festival.
If you are unable to attend an Orkney Folk Festival event, you are permitted to resell your tickets at your own discretion. Orkney Folk Festival will not do this your behalf either in advance of, or during the festival – including at the door of an event.
Orkney Folk Festival will issue all tickets digitally. We would encourage you to show your ticket on your mobile device to reduce our environmental impact. Should you be unable to do this for any reason, it is possible to download and save an A4 PDF version of your tickets, which you can then print off to take with you.
Our digital tickets will be securely emailed to you and you must look after them. To help keep them secure, please do not share your tickets with anyone you are not planning to attend the event with. If someone else gets a copy of your ticket and scans it at the door of the event to gain entry before you do, you will be refused entry.
It is advisable to download your tickets to your device when you receive them and they can be stored in your Apple or Google Wallet.
- Orkney Friends is sold as an annual rolling membership.
- Memberships start from the date Orkney Friends is purchased on Orkney Folk Festival’s website and last for a period of 12 months.
- At the end of the 12 month period memberships will renew automatically unless cancelled by the customer by contacting Orkney Folk Festival at email@example.com.
- Memberships can be paid for in full using a debit or credit card or via a monthly direct debit payment.
- Customers paying by direct debit who cancel before the twelfth payment in their membership year must pay Orkney Folk Festival the remainder of that year’s membership fees in full.
- In return for Orkney Friends membership, customers will receive benefits defined in advance of each year’s festival. In 2023 these are:
- The opportunity to book free tickets for exclusive Orkney Friends events taking place during the festival, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Early ticket access, allowing you to buy up to two adult tickets and unlimited children's tickets per event in advance of the general sale. The Orkney Friends ticket allowance covers one event per programme timeslot, meaning Friends can buy tickets across the weekend, but not for two events happening at the same time.
- 10% off Orkney Folk Festival merchandise, excluding tickets and artist merchandise.
- Discounts on travel to Orkney from Mainland Scotland pending annual sponsorship being approved by NorthLink Ferries. The availability of this benefit will be confirmed with Orkney Friends members as soon as possible each year.
- Orkney Friend memberships are on sale for a period of nine months each year, from early June until the end of the following February. New customers must sign up for memberships in this period in order to qualify for Orkney Friends benefits at the following festival.
- Customers who continue to renew their memberships annually will receive Orkney Friends benefits for the next Orkney Folk Festival.
Orkney Folk Festival is the data controller, the holder of the software licence and owner of all data held by the Orkney Folk Festival website and ticketing system.
We are committed to meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the General Data Protection Regulation (2018).
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the General Data Protection Regulation (2018).
Changes to these terms and conditions
Orkney Folk Festival reserves the right to change these terms and conditions. Any changes will be posted on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and in what circumstances we disclose it.
If have any queries or concerns, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Orkney Folk Festival is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO), registered OSCR no. SC027280 with the address Orkney Folk Festival, Ferry Terminal Building, Stromness, Orkney, KW16 3BH.